BC’s Anthony Castonzo could face big decision when it comes to attending the NFL draft
|03.23.11 at 9:57 pm ET|
But it sounds like he hasn’t made his decision quite yet on what to do if he gets an invitation to attend the proceedings in New York. With the National Football League Players’ Association reportedly pressuring rookies into skipping this year’s draft proceedings, Castonzo sounds genuinely unsure about what he might do if he gets an invitation.
‘It would kind of have to be a tough decision to make,’ he said after working out at BC’s pro day on Wednesday. ‘You obviously don’t want to walk into a locker room the first day and have everybody who is part of the players’ association [and] be that one guy who decided to go against them.’
The 6-foot-7, 313-pound Castonzo ‘ who was slotted to go 13th overall to Detroit in the latest WEEI.com mock draft ‘ is a fast riser on the heels of standout performances at the Senior Bowl and the NFL scouting combine.
‘I think Castonzo is a top 15 pick,’ said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock. ‘I like him in the run game too even though he was on the left side. He also did well at the Senior Bowl. They moved him around a lot and with the exception of a few snaps in the game he had a good week.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick