BC’s Anthony Castonzo could face big decision when it comes to attending the NFL draft
|03.23.11 at 9:57 pm ET|
But it sounds like he hasn’t made his decision quite yet on what to do if he gets an invitation to attend the proceedings in New York. With the National Football League Players’ Association reportedly pressuring rookies into skipping this year’s draft proceedings, Castonzo sounds genuinely unsure about what he might do if he gets an invitation.
‘It would kind of have to be a tough decision to make,’ he said after working out at BC’s pro day on Wednesday. ‘You obviously don’t want to walk into a locker room the first day and have everybody who is part of the players’ association [and] be that one guy who decided to go against them.’
The 6-foot-7, 313-pound Castonzo ‘ who was slotted to go 13th overall to Detroit in the latest WEEI.com mock draft ‘ is a fast riser on the heels of standout performances at the Senior Bowl and the NFL scouting combine.
‘I think Castonzo is a top 15 pick,’ said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock. ‘I like him in the run game too even though he was on the left side. He also did well at the Senior Bowl. They moved him around a lot and with the exception of a few snaps in the game he had a good week.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return