BC’s Anthony Castonzo could face big decision when it comes to attending the NFL draft
|03.23.11 at 9:57 pm ET|
But it sounds like he hasn’t made his decision quite yet on what to do if he gets an invitation to attend the proceedings in New York. With the National Football League Players’ Association reportedly pressuring rookies into skipping this year’s draft proceedings, Castonzo sounds genuinely unsure about what he might do if he gets an invitation.
‘It would kind of have to be a tough decision to make,’ he said after working out at BC’s pro day on Wednesday. ‘You obviously don’t want to walk into a locker room the first day and have everybody who is part of the players’ association [and] be that one guy who decided to go against them.’
The 6-foot-7, 313-pound Castonzo ‘ who was slotted to go 13th overall to Detroit in the latest WEEI.com mock draft ‘ is a fast riser on the heels of standout performances at the Senior Bowl and the NFL scouting combine.
‘I think Castonzo is a top 15 pick,’ said NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock. ‘I like him in the run game too even though he was on the left side. He also did well at the Senior Bowl. They moved him around a lot and with the exception of a few snaps in the game he had a good week.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?