Bill Belichick, Jason Licht in attendance at USF pro day
|03.24.11 at 5:34 pm ET|
The Patriots have been out on the scouting trail at pro days for the last few weeks ‘ they had four people at Boston College on Wednesday, including offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia ‘ and Thursday, coach Bill Belichick and Director of Pro Personnel Jason Licht were both in attendance at pro day for the University of South Florida.
The South Florida program has really come on as of late, and there were apparently two major prospects there that have drawn the attention of the Patriots. According to multiple sources, New England has already expressed interest in defensive tackle Terrell McClain, a 6-foot-2, 297-pounder who was first-team All-Big East as a senior. (For more on McClain, check out our story on him here.)
In addition, according to those who were in attendance Thursday, Belichick ‘ after a lengthy conversation with USF coach Skip Holtz ‘ also put in serious work with the USF wide receiving corps, a group that includes Dontavia Bogan. One source indicated that Belichick was “all over Bogan,” and said that Belichick and Licht were interviewing him after the workout. Bogan is a 6-foot, 187-pounder who had 107 receptions for 1,534 yards and 12 touchdowns in his college career, including 47 catches for 685 yards and six touchdowns as a senior.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey
- Video of Alleged Suspect Stealing Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Jersey Aired...