Bill Belichick, Jason Licht in attendance at USF pro day
|03.24.11 at 5:34 pm ET|
The Patriots have been out on the scouting trail at pro days for the last few weeks ‘ they had four people at Boston College on Wednesday, including offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia ‘ and Thursday, coach Bill Belichick and Director of Pro Personnel Jason Licht were both in attendance at pro day for the University of South Florida.
The South Florida program has really come on as of late, and there were apparently two major prospects there that have drawn the attention of the Patriots. According to multiple sources, New England has already expressed interest in defensive tackle Terrell McClain, a 6-foot-2, 297-pounder who was first-team All-Big East as a senior. (For more on McClain, check out our story on him here.)
In addition, according to those who were in attendance Thursday, Belichick ‘ after a lengthy conversation with USF coach Skip Holtz ‘ also put in serious work with the USF wide receiving corps, a group that includes Dontavia Bogan. One source indicated that Belichick was “all over Bogan,” and said that Belichick and Licht were interviewing him after the workout. Bogan is a 6-foot, 187-pounder who had 107 receptions for 1,534 yards and 12 touchdowns in his college career, including 47 catches for 685 yards and six touchdowns as a senior.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie