Bill Belichick, Jason Licht in attendance at USF pro day
|03.24.11 at 5:34 pm ET|
The Patriots have been out on the scouting trail at pro days for the last few weeks ‘ they had four people at Boston College on Wednesday, including offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia ‘ and Thursday, coach Bill Belichick and Director of Pro Personnel Jason Licht were both in attendance at pro day for the University of South Florida.
The South Florida program has really come on as of late, and there were apparently two major prospects there that have drawn the attention of the Patriots. According to multiple sources, New England has already expressed interest in defensive tackle Terrell McClain, a 6-foot-2, 297-pounder who was first-team All-Big East as a senior. (For more on McClain, check out our story on him here.)
In addition, according to those who were in attendance Thursday, Belichick ‘ after a lengthy conversation with USF coach Skip Holtz ‘ also put in serious work with the USF wide receiving corps, a group that includes Dontavia Bogan. One source indicated that Belichick was “all over Bogan,” and said that Belichick and Licht were interviewing him after the workout. Bogan is a 6-foot, 187-pounder who had 107 receptions for 1,534 yards and 12 touchdowns in his college career, including 47 catches for 685 yards and six touchdowns as a senior.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal