Patriots will have a private workout with USF DL Terrell McClain
|03.27.11 at 4:11 pm ET|
We’ve known about the Patriots’ interest in Terrell McClain for some time now, but we have now been able to confirm that New England will now hold a private workout with the University of South Florida defensive lineman some time in the next week.
The Patriots and coach Bill Belichick were at USF Pro Day late last week, and got a closer look at McClain, a 6-foot-2, 297-pounder who was first-team All-BIG EAST as a senior. He started 24 games over his final two seasons as a collegian, and finished his college career with 7.5 sacks. McClain has posted a 40 time of 4.98 and 29 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press.
‘When you look at him physically, I think probably measurable-wise [McClain’s] one of our best draft candidates,’ USF coach Skip Holtz told Tampabay.com late in the 2010 season. ‘When you look at his height, weight, speed, athleticism, the level of play he’s playing at, I think he’s doing a great job. I think Terrell has such great athleticism up front, with what he’s able to do moving around, creating some havoc and getting penetration ‘¦ as I sit down and watch him, I think he’s the complete package.’
The report of the Patriots scheduled workout with McClain was first reported by the Tampa Tribune, which also has a great look at USF Pro Day here.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars