Source confirms Oklahoma State RB Kendall Hunter has visit with Patriots
|03.29.11 at 4:03 pm ET|
A league source confirmed the report that Oklahoma State running back Kendall Hunter had a visit with the Patriots in Foxboro on Tuesday.
Hunter is a 5-foot-7, 200-pounder who was a two-time consensus All-American, an academic All-Big 12 selection and a finalist for the 2010 Doak Walker Award given to America’s top running back as a senior. He finished his career with the Cowboys as the fourth-leading rusher in Oklahoma State history with 4,181 yards and is fourth in school history with 37 rushing touchdowns
Seen by many as someone who could be taken anywhere between the late first and early third round, his 40 times have ranked between 4.46 and 4.53. At the combine, he registered a 35 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 10-foot-2 broad jump. He also had 24 reps of 225 pounds on the bench and had a 6.74 3-cone drill.
His numbers have been impressive, but one of the things that have really stuck out for many about Hunter is his work in blitz pickup. It’s a trait the Patriots look for in their running backs, and even though he’s regarded as slightly undersized, several national analysts ‘ including Mike Mayock of the NFL Network ‘ have singled out Hunter for his work as a blocker.
“At Oklahoma State, that’s the number one thing we do besides ball carry ‘ if you can’t block, you ain’t playing,” Hunter said. “Even though I didn’t end up blocking that much, but at practice, you be blocking all the time. You go against linebackers almost every other day.”
The news was first reported by the National Football Post.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video