Patriots at New England Pro Days, Dante Scarnecchia in Utah and Mel Kiper has the Patriots on the clock
|03.30.11 at 4:21 pm ET|
A few more notes on workouts, Pro Days and other pre-draft information:
‘¢In all the talk of big Pro Days, one thing that’s kind of gotten lost in the shuffle around here is the productions that were put on by New England schools. We covered Boston College’s Pro Day last week, but three schools that recently had their Pro Days were Maine, UConn and UMass. We weren’t able to get any confirmation about representatives of the Patriots showing up in Amherst, but in the past, the Patriots have been in attendance at UConn (Patriots coach Bill Belichick was there in 2009, and is known to be friends with UConn coach Randy Edsall). And this year, New England had scouting assistant Ronnie McGill in Maine, as evidenced by the above picture (courtesy of the Bangor Daily News).
‘¢According to NFL.com, Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia was one of three o-line coaches in attendance at Utah’s Pro Day on Tuesday, which drew scouts or coaches from 20 different teams. Scarnecchia and his fellow o-line coaches (including Bill Callahan of the Jets and Pat Ruel from the Seahawks) were likely there to get a look at a pair of offensive line prospects, Zane Taylor and Caleb Schlauderaff. Taylor is a 6-foot-3, 309-pounder who has played both center and guard. Projected as a late-round pick, he was first team All-MWC as a senior. As for Schlauderaff, he’s a 6-foot-4, 305-pounder who can play guard and tackle, and is likely to be a mid- to late-round selection. With the Utes, he was a second-team Walter Camp and SI.com All-America offensive guard as a senior.
‘¢And finally, the guys from ESPN ‘ analysts Trent Dilfer, Chris Mortensen and Mel Kiper, Jr. ‘ debate how the Patriots are going to approach this year’s draft. Here’s the video:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England