Report: Former Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel arrested for theft
|04.04.11 at 3:39 pm ET|
Former Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel was arrested for theft at the Belterra Casino in Florence, Indiana on Monday morning, according to Pro Football Talk.
Vrabel, who was dealt from New England to Kansas City before the start of the 2009 season, was reportedly booked at 5:28 a.m. on Monday for what, under Indiana law, is a Class D felony. PFT reports that Vrabel was released at 10:39 a.m. Monday after posting a $600 bond.
UPDATE: 4:13 p.m.: Vrabel issued a statement through his agent Neil Cornrich, which was just posted on Pro Football Talk: Said Vrabel: ‘It was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and I take full responsibility for the miscommunication. I feel comfortable that after talking with the appropriate parties, we will resolve this matter.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied