Judge: I’ll take ‘a couple of weeks’ before ruling in lockout case
|04.06.11 at 5:15 pm ET|
U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson said Wednesday that she will take “a couple of weeks” before she will ultimately rule on the NFL players’ request to lift the lockout. Nelson did say that while he takes the matter under advisement, the two sides should return to the bargaining table ‘ specifically, federal mediation under her supervision ‘ in hopes of ending the NFL’s first work stoppage since 1987.
According to those who were on the scene, Nelson heard roughly five hours of arguments from lawyers for the players and the owners during Wednesday’s session. Lawyers for the players argued in favor of lifting the lockout because it is causing them “irreparable harm,” while the owners maintain Nelson does not have the jurisdiction to issue an injunction because their complaint regarding how the players negotiated is currently before the National Labor Relations Board.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty