Fred Taylor: I’m ‘basically retired’ from pro football
|04.11.11 at 2:19 pm ET|
Running back Fred Taylor, who was with the Patriots the last two seasons, told the Gainesville Sun on Monday that he’s “basically retired” from football.
The 35-year-old Taylor struggled to stay healthy in his two seasons with New England, as he was hobbled by a series of injuries that forced him to miss 19 of 32 regular-season games while with the Patriots. In two years in New England, Taylor has 106 carries for 424 yards and two touchdowns.
In 13 seasons, the Florida product has compiled some truly amazing numbers, with 2,534 carries (21st on the all-time list) and 11,695 yards (15th all-time). The Pro Bowler also average 4.6 yards per carry in his NFL career.
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction