Alabama running back Mark Ingram on his way to Boston
|04.18.11 at 12:11 pm ET|
Alabama running back Mark Ingram Tweeted Monday morning: “Headed to the airport, off to Boston. Another week living in the airport.”
The former Heisman Trophy winner is viewed as one of the top running backs available in the draft, but questions have recently surfaced about the health of his knee. Teams have until Wednesday to complete their on-site visits, and this (presumed) visit with the Patriots could be to check the status of his knee.
‘I know him and coach Saban and real close,’ Ingram said when he was asked about Belichick. ‘I heard they’re kind of similar in their coaching styles and how they run things, but I haven’t talked to them yet. I have meetings coming up tonight and tomorrow ‘ I don’t know who they’re with. But I haven’t talked to them yet.’
Saban and Belichick remain close, and as far as Ingram is concerned, anyone who is like Nick Saban is OK in his book.
‘Coach Saban was great. He’s a demanding guy. He demands perfection,’ Ingram said. ‘As long as you’re working hard and doing what you’re supposed to do, then he’s not going to bother you. But just learning from his defense and learning from him as a player has been so great. Everybody who comes from Alabama is mentally and physically prepared for the next level just because of the type of system he runs and how he runs his program.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL