Alabama running back Mark Ingram on his way to Boston
|04.18.11 at 12:11 pm ET|
Alabama running back Mark Ingram Tweeted Monday morning: “Headed to the airport, off to Boston. Another week living in the airport.”
The former Heisman Trophy winner is viewed as one of the top running backs available in the draft, but questions have recently surfaced about the health of his knee. Teams have until Wednesday to complete their on-site visits, and this (presumed) visit with the Patriots could be to check the status of his knee.
‘I know him and coach Saban and real close,’ Ingram said when he was asked about Belichick. ‘I heard they’re kind of similar in their coaching styles and how they run things, but I haven’t talked to them yet. I have meetings coming up tonight and tomorrow ‘ I don’t know who they’re with. But I haven’t talked to them yet.’
Saban and Belichick remain close, and as far as Ingram is concerned, anyone who is like Nick Saban is OK in his book.
‘Coach Saban was great. He’s a demanding guy. He demands perfection,’ Ingram said. ‘As long as you’re working hard and doing what you’re supposed to do, then he’s not going to bother you. But just learning from his defense and learning from him as a player has been so great. Everybody who comes from Alabama is mentally and physically prepared for the next level just because of the type of system he runs and how he runs his program.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text