Bill Parcells says he’s ‘done’ with coaching
|04.18.11 at 11:22 am ET|
In a conference call with reporters Monday morning, Bill Parcells said his time in the NFL was over, but joked that you could write down the statement “in pencil.”
“No, I’m done. I know I’ve said that before ‘ you better put it down in pencil,” Parcells said. “I’m going to be 70 years old in August and I’m enjoying my time now. This is the first … I really left Miami about October 1st last year, and this is the first time I’ve really had any extended period of time to myself. I’m doing some things that I enjoy doing.
“It’s a good time for me and fortunately I’m in good health, and feel good. I still have a lot of things I’d like to try to do, but I think I’m going to leave the NFL to someone else now.”
Parcells, who was named as a finalist for the Patriots Hall of Fame (along with Drew Bledsoe and Houston Antwine) said he regrets the way things ended for him in New England, but he has since mended fences with owner Robert Kraft.
“Let’s say we had a couple of domestic misunderstandings with the ownership, and I do regret that. Those things have since been resolved, and I think retrospectively, I would have handled things substantially differently than I did,” he said. “I was always saddened by the fact that I had to leave there. In all honesty, I didn’t really want to. I’m sure Bob would say something along those lines himself, because we have talked about that.
“I do regret that. But hey, that’s life. You learn from things as you go on. Certainly, retrospectively, I would have approached it a little bit differently than what I did.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades