Splinter group of players could bring new suit vs. NFL
|04.20.11 at 1:56 pm ET|
A group of NFL players appear ready to break with the union and bring their own suit against the NFL. According to SportsBusiness Journal, a cross-section of about 60 players is set to seek a place at the labor mediation talks between the NFL and the players. Neither the NFLPA ‘ which filed the first antitrust lawsuit against the NFL ‘ nor the league has commented on the report. This is the first sign that not all the NFL players are on the same page in regards to the lockout, which began last month, the first work stoppage for the NFL since 1987.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know