Splinter group of players could bring new suit vs. NFL
|04.20.11 at 1:56 pm ET|
A group of NFL players appear ready to break with the union and bring their own suit against the NFL. According to SportsBusiness Journal, a cross-section of about 60 players is set to seek a place at the labor mediation talks between the NFL and the players. Neither the NFLPA ‘ which filed the first antitrust lawsuit against the NFL ‘ nor the league has commented on the report. This is the first sign that not all the NFL players are on the same page in regards to the lockout, which began last month, the first work stoppage for the NFL since 1987.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...