Rex Ryan on Bill Belichick: ‘I really do respect him. I admire the guy’
|04.26.11 at 9:12 pm ET|
In his upcoming book, ‘Play Like You Mean It,’ Jets coach Rex Ryan has some nice things to say about Patriots coach Bill Belichick. Ryan recounts what Belichick said to him after New York beat New England in the divisional playoffs to advance to the AFC championship game this past season.
‘After the game, Belichick was great. He came up to me and said, ‘That was an unbelievable coaching job; you deserve it and I hope you win the whole thing.’ He really said that, and I could tell he was sincere. People get the wrong message sometimes when I talk about Belichick. I really do respect him. I admire the guy. He has his way of doing things and he stays true to it every single week. I do the same thing, although we’re different types of people in a lot of ways. I may be loud and over-the-top, but we do have similarities. You’re not going to find two more competitive people.’
The book is scheduled to hit stores May 3.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...