Vince Wilfork: Retirement ‘definitely a possibility’ if full season is missed
|04.26.11 at 9:21 am ET|
Vince Wilfork — in town for Matt Light’s Lock-Out charity breakfast — told WEEI.com on Tuesday that he would seriously consider retiring if a full season is missed due to the lockout.
“Oh yeah, I thought about that,” said Wilfork when asked if he’d would retire if a season is wiped out. “A full season, that’s a season gone. I mean, eight years, it’s not like I’m in my first or second year. It goes through my mind all the time, of course. I’m down at a place that I love, that’s home for me, Florida. Being able to sit back and enjoy my ranch, enjoy kids, enjoy great weather all the time, who wouldn’t think about that?”
Wilfork — who first addressed the possibility of retirement with a group of reporters earlier Tuesday morning — thought Monday’s ruling by Judge Susan Nelson to grant the NFLPA a preliminary injunction to halt the lockout was “very positive” but thinks there is “still a long way to go.”
But if the lockout does in fact drag out over the full season, it appears that there is a chance Wilfork might have played his final NFL game.
“It [potential retirement] is a 50/50. It’s a possibility, it’s definitely a possibility,” Wilfork said.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...