A.J. Green goes fourth overall to Bengals
|04.28.11 at 8:29 pm ET|
The Bengals may have had a couple of big-name receivers on their roster a year ago, but they added some more youth to their group of receivers by selecting Georgia receiver A.J. Green with the fourth overall pick.
There’s always some risk associated with drafting a wide receiver this high, but Green is the best offensive player in a draft that has already seen an offensive player go first overall. Terrell Owens led the Bengals with 983 receiving yards last season, with Chad Ochocinco finishing with 831. Green and Jordan Shipley, as well as tight end Jermaine Gresham, should give whoever is throwing them the ball some nice options in the future.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye