A.J. Green goes fourth overall to Bengals
|04.28.11 at 8:29 pm ET|
The Bengals may have had a couple of big-name receivers on their roster a year ago, but they added some more youth to their group of receivers by selecting Georgia receiver A.J. Green with the fourth overall pick.
There’s always some risk associated with drafting a wide receiver this high, but Green is the best offensive player in a draft that has already seen an offensive player go first overall. Terrell Owens led the Bengals with 983 receiving yards last season, with Chad Ochocinco finishing with 831. Green and Jordan Shipley, as well as tight end Jermaine Gresham, should give whoever is throwing them the ball some nice options in the future.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick