Eagles select former Canadian firefighter Danny Watkins
|04.28.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Eagles selected one of the more interesting players in Danny Watkins 23rd overall Thursday.
Watkins, 26, had never planned on playing football. He was a Canadian firefighter who had gone to Butte junior college to pursue a fire sciences degree. While there, he was talked into playing football for the first time in his life, and after transferring to Baylor became a top prospect. His favorite sports franchise is the Vancouver Canucks. Here’s a story we did on him him from the combine.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury