Eagles select former Canadian firefighter Danny Watkins
|04.28.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Eagles selected one of the more interesting players in Danny Watkins 23rd overall Thursday.
Watkins, 26, had never planned on playing football. He was a Canadian firefighter who had gone to Butte junior college to pursue a fire sciences degree. While there, he was talked into playing football for the first time in his life, and after transferring to Baylor became a top prospect. His favorite sports franchise is the Vancouver Canucks. Here’s a story we did on him him from the combine.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know