Eagles select former Canadian firefighter Danny Watkins
|04.28.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Eagles selected one of the more interesting players in Danny Watkins 23rd overall Thursday.
Watkins, 26, had never planned on playing football. He was a Canadian firefighter who had gone to Butte junior college to pursue a fire sciences degree. While there, he was talked into playing football for the first time in his life, and after transferring to Baylor became a top prospect. His favorite sports franchise is the Vancouver Canucks. Here’s a story we did on him him from the combine.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...