Eagles select former Canadian firefighter Danny Watkins
|04.28.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Eagles selected one of the more interesting players in Danny Watkins 23rd overall Thursday.
Watkins, 26, had never planned on playing football. He was a Canadian firefighter who had gone to Butte junior college to pursue a fire sciences degree. While there, he was talked into playing football for the first time in his life, and after transferring to Baylor became a top prospect. His favorite sports franchise is the Vancouver Canucks. Here’s a story we did on him him from the combine.
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction