Falcons trade up to select Julio Jones
|04.28.11 at 8:41 pm ET|
The Falcons made the first major splash of the draft Thursday, trading up from No. 27 to grab Cleveland’s pick and select Alabama receiver Julio Jones sixth overall.
The Falcons gave up secondhand fourth-round picks this year, as well as firsthand fourth-round picks in next year’s draft in order to get to No. 6.
This is a beyond-gutsy pick for the Falcons to make, but Matt Ryan has got to love it. Jones is an incredible athlete, and having him and Roddy White as receivers to go with an already-solid running could make this offense very scary. The Falcons still need help on the offensive line, and it will be a while before they can address it after this trade.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself