Falcons trade up to select Julio Jones
|04.28.11 at 8:41 pm ET|
The Falcons made the first major splash of the draft Thursday, trading up from No. 27 to grab Cleveland’s pick and select Alabama receiver Julio Jones sixth overall.
The Falcons gave up secondhand fourth-round picks this year, as well as firsthand fourth-round picks in next year’s draft in order to get to No. 6.
This is a beyond-gutsy pick for the Falcons to make, but Matt Ryan has got to love it. Jones is an incredible athlete, and having him and Roddy White as receivers to go with an already-solid running could make this offense very scary. The Falcons still need help on the offensive line, and it will be a while before they can address it after this trade.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...