Patriots trade down, Saints take Mark Ingram
|04.28.11 at 11:16 pm ET|
The Patriots traded the 28th overall pick of the 2011 NFL draft to the Saints Thursday, acquiring the 56th overall pick and New Orleans’ first-round pick in 2012. After securing the 28th pick, the Saints selected Alabama running back Mark Ingram.
With the move, the Patriots will now have three second-round picks on Friday and two first-round picks in 2012.
Ingram ran for 875 yards and 13 touchdowns as a junior after winning the Heisman in his sophomore campaign.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?