Patriots trade down, Saints take Mark Ingram
|04.28.11 at 11:16 pm ET|
The Patriots traded the 28th overall pick of the 2011 NFL draft to the Saints Thursday, acquiring the 56th overall pick and New Orleans’ first-round pick in 2012. After securing the 28th pick, the Saints selected Alabama running back Mark Ingram.
With the move, the Patriots will now have three second-round picks on Friday and two first-round picks in 2012.
Ingram ran for 875 yards and 13 touchdowns as a junior after winning the Heisman in his sophomore campaign.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied