Patriots trade down, Saints take Mark Ingram
|04.28.11 at 11:16 pm ET|
The Patriots traded the 28th overall pick of the 2011 NFL draft to the Saints Thursday, acquiring the 56th overall pick and New Orleans’ first-round pick in 2012. After securing the 28th pick, the Saints selected Alabama running back Mark Ingram.
With the move, the Patriots will now have three second-round picks on Friday and two first-round picks in 2012.
Ingram ran for 875 yards and 13 touchdowns as a junior after winning the Heisman in his sophomore campaign.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned