Patriots trade down, Saints take Mark Ingram
|04.28.11 at 11:16 pm ET|
The Patriots traded the 28th overall pick of the 2011 NFL draft to the Saints Thursday, acquiring the 56th overall pick and New Orleans’ first-round pick in 2012. After securing the 28th pick, the Saints selected Alabama running back Mark Ingram.
With the move, the Patriots will now have three second-round picks on Friday and two first-round picks in 2012.
Ingram ran for 875 yards and 13 touchdowns as a junior after winning the Heisman in his sophomore campaign.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It