Cal running back Shane Vereen talks about joining the Patriots
|04.29.11 at 9:07 pm ET|
Third-round pick Shane Vereen just wrapped up a quick conference call with the New England media. Here are a few of the highlights ‘ we’ll have some more from Vereen along shortly.
On being a third-down back…
I think coming in I just see myself as a player just looking for an opportunity to play the game ‘ any position that they need me in, I’ll be more than willing and enthusiastic to do it.
Describe yourself as a running back…
I would take pride in myself being able to do all things that are called upon for a running back ‘ catching the ball, pass protection, running the ball. Anything that I’m called upon to do I always take pride on doing that to the best of my ability and being good in all three phases.
Improve the most in one area?
I think the area that I most need to improve in is my pass-protection technique.
What do you think it will take for you to get to that level?
Correct. I think with the coaching I’ll receive in New England and the talent I’ll be surrounded by, I think I’ll come along.
Are you familiar with Kevin Faulk?
Yes, somewhat. … What I remember from watching Kevin Faulk when I was younger is just that he’s a back that did everything. They’ve used him out of the backfield a lot on screens. I believe he was an every down back ‘ he’s done a lot of things well. That’s all I can really say. I know he’s a very, very talented and successful running back.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video