Patriots pull a shocker, take quarterback Ryan Mallett with 74th overall pick
|04.29.11 at 9:21 pm ET|
The Patriots selected quarterback Ryan Mallett with the No. 74 overall pick in the NFL draft on Friday night. Mallett was one of the most polarizing signal-callers available in this year’s draft ‘ he has one of the strongest arms out there, having thrown for almost 4,000 yards this past season with Arkansas. However, Mallett is hounded by character questions, including drug rumors that reportedly caused his draft stock to fall. The 6-foot-7, 253-pound Mallett had 3,869 yards and 32 touchdowns this past season with the Razorbacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL