Patriots pull a shocker, take quarterback Ryan Mallett with 74th overall pick
|04.29.11 at 9:21 pm ET|
The Patriots selected quarterback Ryan Mallett with the No. 74 overall pick in the NFL draft on Friday night. Mallett was one of the most polarizing signal-callers available in this year’s draft ‘ he has one of the strongest arms out there, having thrown for almost 4,000 yards this past season with Arkansas. However, Mallett is hounded by character questions, including drug rumors that reportedly caused his draft stock to fall. The 6-foot-7, 253-pound Mallett had 3,869 yards and 32 touchdowns this past season with the Razorbacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...