Patriots pull a shocker, take quarterback Ryan Mallett with 74th overall pick
|04.29.11 at 9:21 pm ET|
The Patriots selected quarterback Ryan Mallett with the No. 74 overall pick in the NFL draft on Friday night. Mallett was one of the most polarizing signal-callers available in this year’s draft — he has one of the strongest arms out there, having thrown for almost 4,000 yards this past season with Arkansas. However, Mallett is hounded by character questions, including drug rumors that reportedly caused his draft stock to fall. The 6-foot-7, 253-pound Mallett had 3,869 yards and 32 touchdowns this past season with the Razorbacks.
- The New England Patriots now control their destiny in the AFC playoff...
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers