Patriots take LSU running back Stevan Ridley at No. 73
|04.29.11 at 9:16 pm ET|
With the 73rd overall pick in Friday’s NFL draft, the Patriots selected LSU running back Stevan Ridley out of LSU. The 5-foot-11, 225-pounder is the second running back taken by New England ‘ the Patriots selected Cal’s Shane Vereen at No. 56. Ridley had big numbers as a senior with the Tigers where he compiled 1,147 yards on 249 carries with 15 touchdowns in his only full season as the starting running back. (The 1,147 yards rank as seventh-highest season total in school history, while his 15 rushing TDs tie Kevin Faulk as the fourth-best mark for a season in LSU history.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know