Positions of need: Guys the Patriots could explore in rounds 2 and 3
|04.29.11 at 12:19 pm ET|
The Patriots filled a position of need by selecting Colorado tackle Nate Solder with the 17th overall pick Thursday, but tackle was certainly not their only need. After picking up the 56th overall pick in the deal that sent the 28th pick to the Saints, the Pats will have five choices on Friday. Here are the positions they might address, and which guys they could consider.
– if considered a fit: Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson
– Brooks Reed, Arizona
– Justin Houston, Georgia
– Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh
– Akeem Ayers, UCLA
– Brandan Harris, Miami
– Aaron Williams, Texas
– Ras-I Dowling, Virginia
– Mikel Leshoure, Illinois
– Jordan Todman, Connecticut
– Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech
– Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...