Positions of need: Guys the Patriots could explore in rounds 2 and 3
|04.29.11 at 12:19 pm ET|
The Patriots filled a position of need by selecting Colorado tackle Nate Solder with the 17th overall pick Thursday, but tackle was certainly not their only need. After picking up the 56th overall pick in the deal that sent the 28th pick to the Saints, the Pats will have five choices on Friday. Here are the positions they might address, and which guys they could consider.
– if considered a fit: Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson
– Brooks Reed, Arizona
– Justin Houston, Georgia
– Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh
– Akeem Ayers, UCLA
– Brandan Harris, Miami
– Aaron Williams, Texas
– Ras-I Dowling, Virginia
– Mikel Leshoure, Illinois
– Jordan Todman, Connecticut
– Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech
– Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied