Tom Brady on lockout lawsuit: ‘I’m always trying to figure out what the right thing is’
|04.29.11 at 3:31 pm ET|
“I’m always trying to figure out what the right thing is,” he said. “Look, I’ve been very fortunate as a player to sign the contracts that I’ve signed and to be in the position I’ve been in as a leader and to lead.”
Brady didn’t delve into the controversy, instead taking a more positive approach.
“I think the important thing is to realize is that we’re trying to bring reason and compromise to a very challenging agreement,” he said. “This is not something that’s easy. There’s a lot that goes into it. I know a lot of people are hard at work. DeMaurice Smith has had a lot of meetings with Roger Goodell. Mr. Kraft is heavily involved, and everyone’s trying to accomplish the same thing. Hopefully, there’s an agreement at some point soon.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal