Tom Brady on lockout lawsuit: ‘I’m always trying to figure out what the right thing is’
|04.29.11 at 3:31 pm ET|
“I’m always trying to figure out what the right thing is,” he said. “Look, I’ve been very fortunate as a player to sign the contracts that I’ve signed and to be in the position I’ve been in as a leader and to lead.”
Brady didn’t delve into the controversy, instead taking a more positive approach.
“I think the important thing is to realize is that we’re trying to bring reason and compromise to a very challenging agreement,” he said. “This is not something that’s easy. There’s a lot that goes into it. I know a lot of people are hard at work. DeMaurice Smith has had a lot of meetings with Roger Goodell. Mr. Kraft is heavily involved, and everyone’s trying to accomplish the same thing. Hopefully, there’s an agreement at some point soon.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle, Shoulder and...
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction