Tom Brady on lockout lawsuit: ‘I’m always trying to figure out what the right thing is’
|04.29.11 at 3:31 pm ET|
“I’m always trying to figure out what the right thing is,” he said. “Look, I’ve been very fortunate as a player to sign the contracts that I’ve signed and to be in the position I’ve been in as a leader and to lead.”
Brady didn’t delve into the controversy, instead taking a more positive approach.
“I think the important thing is to realize is that we’re trying to bring reason and compromise to a very challenging agreement,” he said. “This is not something that’s easy. There’s a lot that goes into it. I know a lot of people are hard at work. DeMaurice Smith has had a lot of meetings with Roger Goodell. Mr. Kraft is heavily involved, and everyone’s trying to accomplish the same thing. Hopefully, there’s an agreement at some point soon.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?