Tom Brady on lockout lawsuit: ‘I’m always trying to figure out what the right thing is’
|04.29.11 at 3:31 pm ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady made an appearance at a promotional event for Under Armour in New York City Friday morning and talked about his role as lead plaintiff in the lawsuit against the NFL.
“I’m always trying to figure out what the right thing is,” he said. “Look, I’ve been very fortunate as a player to sign the contracts that I’ve signed and to be in the position I’ve been in as a leader and to lead.”
Brady didn’t delve into the controversy, instead taking a more positive approach.
“I think the important thing is to realize is that we’re trying to bring reason and compromise to a very challenging agreement,” he said. “This is not something that’s easy. There’s a lot that goes into it. I know a lot of people are hard at work. DeMaurice Smith has had a lot of meetings with Roger Goodell. Mr. Kraft is heavily involved, and everyone’s trying to accomplish the same thing. Hopefully, there’s an agreement at some point soon.”
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick