Marshall TE Lee Smith is picked by Patriots at No. 159 overall
|04.30.11 at 3:16 pm ET|
Smith is a 6-foot-6, 266-pounder who finished his senior season with the Thundering Herd with a career-best 38 catches for 358 yards and three touchdowns. He started his collegiate career at the University of Tennessee, but was kicked off the team after a DUI. He transferred to Marshall, and finished his college career with 75 catches for 791 yards and three touchdowns.
His father, Daryle, played offensive line at Tennessee and spent six seasons in the NFL playing for the Cowboys, Browns and Eagles before spending four more seasons in the CFL.
Here’s some video of Smith as a collegian:
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?