Marshall TE Lee Smith is picked by Patriots at No. 159 overall
|04.30.11 at 3:16 pm ET|
Smith is a 6-foot-6, 266-pounder who finished his senior season with the Thundering Herd with a career-best 38 catches for 358 yards and three touchdowns. He started his collegiate career at the University of Tennessee, but was kicked off the team after a DUI. He transferred to Marshall, and finished his college career with 75 catches for 791 yards and three touchdowns.
His father, Daryle, played offensive line at Tennessee and spent six seasons in the NFL playing for the Cowboys, Browns and Eagles before spending four more seasons in the CFL.
Here’s some video of Smith as a collegian:
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty