Patriots take TCU OL Marcus Cannon at No. 138
|04.30.11 at 2:14 pm ET|
FOXBORO — With the 138th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Patriots selected TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon.
Cannon, a 6-foot-5, 358-pounder, has played tackle over the course of his college career, but it’s believed he might have some positional versatility, possibly moving to guard at the next level. Many initially believed Cannon to be a second-, or even a first-round pick, but Cannon was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which was discovered when he went through physicals at the combine. (Reports indicate that it is treatable — Cannon faces a success rate for beating the cancer of better than 90 percent.)
Cannon is a three-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and a third-team All-American in 2010.
Here’s some video of Cannon at TCU:
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick