Patriots take TCU OL Marcus Cannon at No. 138
|04.30.11 at 2:14 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ With the 138th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Patriots selected TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon.
Cannon, a 6-foot-5, 358-pounder, has played tackle over the course of his college career, but it’s believed he might have some positional versatility, possibly moving to guard at the next level. Many initially believed Cannon to be a second-, or even a first-round pick, but Cannon was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which was discovered when he went through physicals at the combine. (Reports indicate that it is treatable ‘ Cannon faces a success rate for beating the cancer of better than 90 percent.)
Cannon is a three-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and a third-team All-American in 2010.
Here’s some video of Cannon at TCU:
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense