Patriots take TCU OL Marcus Cannon at No. 138
|04.30.11 at 2:14 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ With the 138th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Patriots selected TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon.
Cannon, a 6-foot-5, 358-pounder, has played tackle over the course of his college career, but it’s believed he might have some positional versatility, possibly moving to guard at the next level. Many initially believed Cannon to be a second-, or even a first-round pick, but Cannon was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which was discovered when he went through physicals at the combine. (Reports indicate that it is treatable ‘ Cannon faces a success rate for beating the cancer of better than 90 percent.)
Cannon is a three-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and a third-team All-American in 2010.
Here’s some video of Cannon at TCU:
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty