Patriots take TCU OL Marcus Cannon at No. 138
|04.30.11 at 2:14 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ With the 138th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Patriots selected TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon.
Cannon, a 6-foot-5, 358-pounder, has played tackle over the course of his college career, but it’s believed he might have some positional versatility, possibly moving to guard at the next level. Many initially believed Cannon to be a second-, or even a first-round pick, but Cannon was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which was discovered when he went through physicals at the combine. (Reports indicate that it is treatable ‘ Cannon faces a success rate for beating the cancer of better than 90 percent.)
Cannon is a three-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and a third-team All-American in 2010.
Here’s some video of Cannon at TCU:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself