Patriots take TCU OL Marcus Cannon at No. 138
|04.30.11 at 2:14 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ With the 138th overall pick in the NFL draft, the Patriots selected TCU offensive lineman Marcus Cannon.
Cannon, a 6-foot-5, 358-pounder, has played tackle over the course of his college career, but it’s believed he might have some positional versatility, possibly moving to guard at the next level. Many initially believed Cannon to be a second-, or even a first-round pick, but Cannon was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which was discovered when he went through physicals at the combine. (Reports indicate that it is treatable ‘ Cannon faces a success rate for beating the cancer of better than 90 percent.)
Cannon is a three-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and a third-team All-American in 2010.
Here’s some video of Cannon at TCU:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video