Appeal in NFL lockout case will be heard June 3
|05.03.11 at 5:16 pm ET|
Football fans, circle June 3 on your calendar.
In the labor battle between NFL owners and players, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals granted the NFL’s request for an expedited hearing on Tuesday, and that appeal will now be heard starting June 3 in St. Louis, with a ruling expected to come within a few weeks after that. That same court will still rule ‘ likely sometime late this week ‘ whether the lockout will remain in place until that date.
The lockout, which has been on and off for just over seven weeks now, is the first work stoppage in the NFL since 1987.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England