Appeal in NFL lockout case will be heard June 3
|05.03.11 at 5:16 pm ET|
Football fans, circle June 3 on your calendar.
In the labor battle between NFL owners and players, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals granted the NFL’s request for an expedited hearing on Tuesday, and that appeal will now be heard starting June 3 in St. Louis, with a ruling expected to come within a few weeks after that. That same court will still rule ‘ likely sometime late this week ‘ whether the lockout will remain in place until that date.
The lockout, which has been on and off for just over seven weeks now, is the first work stoppage in the NFL since 1987.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...