Appeal in NFL lockout case will be heard June 3
|05.03.11 at 5:16 pm ET|
Football fans, circle June 3 on your calendar.
In the labor battle between NFL owners and players, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals granted the NFL’s request for an expedited hearing on Tuesday, and that appeal will now be heard starting June 3 in St. Louis, with a ruling expected to come within a few weeks after that. That same court will still rule ‘ likely sometime late this week ‘ whether the lockout will remain in place until that date.
The lockout, which has been on and off for just over seven weeks now, is the first work stoppage in the NFL since 1987.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office