Appeal in NFL lockout case will be heard June 3
|05.03.11 at 5:16 pm ET|
Football fans, circle June 3 on your calendar.
In the labor battle between NFL owners and players, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals granted the NFL’s request for an expedited hearing on Tuesday, and that appeal will now be heard starting June 3 in St. Louis, with a ruling expected to come within a few weeks after that. That same court will still rule ‘ likely sometime late this week ‘ whether the lockout will remain in place until that date.
The lockout, which has been on and off for just over seven weeks now, is the first work stoppage in the NFL since 1987.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft: Deflategate Most Overblown Story
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report