With UFL calling his name, BC’s Mark Herzlich faces a decision about his future
|05.03.11 at 5:31 pm ET|
Herzlich, the 2008 ACC defensive player of the year, overcame Ewing’s Sarcoma in his left leg ‘ he had a titanium rod placed in the leg ‘ and returned to play for BC in 2010. However, by his own admission, he wasn’t the same player he was before he was forced to sit out a year, which likely caused the draft weekend slide.
It’s not known what route Herzlich will take at this time ‘ he could still sign with an NFL team as an undrafted free agent once the lockout is lifted. (As of now, no team is allowed to sign UDFA’s because of the labor situation.) However, there is no guarantee labor peace will return to the NFL anytime soon, which could leave the UFL as an option for the foreseeable future.
As for Herzlich, he made no attempt to conceal his feelings once the NFL draft had concluded. On Sunday, Herzlich tweeted: ‘Thanking everyone for their support tough times call for perseverance and a tough mind. Today sucked for me but everyone needs to pray for all the people in Alabama. They need us more than ever right now. ‘¦ I have been told that I can’t play football before. We all know what happened with that.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England