|Patriots legend Tedy Bruschi will join group in climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro||05.05.11 at 5:12 pm ET|
Patriots legend Tedy Bruschi will be part of an expedition to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, the tallest peak in Africa, later this month. Bruschi will be climbing to bring awareness to the Wounded Warrior Project, a group whose mission is to honor and empower men and women who have been wounded in service.
Among those joining Bruschi will be former Tennessee head coach Jeff Fisher, as well as other wounded warriors, including two of whom have lost a leg in service.
“Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro will be memorable, but to be able to experience it with service members that have sacrificed so much for our country is what I’m truly looking forward to,” said Bruschi via statement. “These men and women are beyond inspiring, and I am thankful to the NFL for this once in a lifetime opportunity.”
The group has taken practice climbs throughout the United States, and is expected to reach the summit of Kilimanjaro — the fourth-highest mountain in the world — on May 19 (They begin climbing May 13). You can follow their progress at www.believeinheroes.org.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Sign Fourth Round Pick Josh Boyce
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs