Patriots legend Tedy Bruschi will join group in climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro
|05.05.11 at 5:12 pm ET|
Patriots legend Tedy Bruschi will be part of an expedition to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, the tallest peak in Africa, later this month. Bruschi will be climbing to bring awareness to the Wounded Warrior Project, a group whose mission is to honor and empower men and women who have been wounded in service.
Among those joining Bruschi will be former Tennessee head coach Jeff Fisher, as well as other wounded warriors, including two of whom have lost a leg in service.
‘Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro will be memorable, but to be able to experience it with service members that have sacrificed so much for our country is what I’m truly looking forward to,’ said Bruschi via statement. ‘These men and women are beyond inspiring, and I am thankful to the NFL for this once in a lifetime opportunity.’
The group has taken practice climbs throughout the United States, and is expected to reach the summit of Kilimanjaro ‘ the fourth-highest mountain in the world ‘ on May 19 (They begin climbing May 13). You can follow their progress at www.believeinheroes.org.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick