Patriots legend Tedy Bruschi will join group in climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro
|05.05.11 at 5:12 pm ET|
Patriots legend Tedy Bruschi will be part of an expedition to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, the tallest peak in Africa, later this month. Bruschi will be climbing to bring awareness to the Wounded Warrior Project, a group whose mission is to honor and empower men and women who have been wounded in service.
Among those joining Bruschi will be former Tennessee head coach Jeff Fisher, as well as other wounded warriors, including two of whom have lost a leg in service.
‘Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro will be memorable, but to be able to experience it with service members that have sacrificed so much for our country is what I’m truly looking forward to,’ said Bruschi via statement. ‘These men and women are beyond inspiring, and I am thankful to the NFL for this once in a lifetime opportunity.’
The group has taken practice climbs throughout the United States, and is expected to reach the summit of Kilimanjaro ‘ the fourth-highest mountain in the world ‘ on May 19 (They begin climbing May 13). You can follow their progress at www.believeinheroes.org.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?