Revisiting a notable 2011 mock draft from SI.com and looking at what might have been
|05.05.11 at 1:21 pm ET|
A few alert Tweeters pointed me toward this 2011 mock NFL draft (I believe it was WAD1980 who sent the link to me first) which was done in the days immediately following the 2010 NFL draft. Lots of fun to go back and check out what might have been ‘ of course, it was far too early to try and figure out which teams might have been drafting where (and it wasn’t known if Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck would be leaving school early either).
As for New England, writer Andrew Perloff had the Patriots at No. 5 (thanks to the Oakland trade) and No. 21, going with George wide receiver A.J. Green and Pitt defensive end Greg Romeus, respectively.
But it was a couple of other names and where they were slotted that really caught our eye. Perloff had Ryan Mallett going first overall to the Seahawks. (Mallett, of course, was taken in the third round by the Patriots.) In addition, Perloff also had Virginia cornerback Ras-I Dowling being taken 16th overall by the Eagles ‘ instead, Dowling ended up going at No. 33 to New England.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016