Don’t look for Randy Moss to re-sign with Tennessee, says the Titans GM
|05.06.11 at 11:45 pm ET|
Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt threw cold water on the suggestion that Tennessee would try and re-sign former Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss for the 2011 season on Friday, saying that, ‘I think at this point in his career, he will probably go elsewhere.’
According to The Tennessean, Reinfeldt, while speaking on a conference call with season-ticket holders, made it clear the Titans would be heading in a different direction.
‘I honestly don’t think we’ll try to re-sign him,’ Reinfeldt said of the 34-year-old Moss. ‘We’ve got some young guys we like, and I think at this point in his career he will probably go elsewhere.’
After starting the 2010 season with the Patriots, he was traded to Minnesota, who subsequently released him. Moss was then picked up by Tennessee, where he wasn’t much of an impact player at all, playing in eight games with the Titans and catching just five passes for 54 yards and zero touchdowns.
In March, Minnesota’s KFAN Radio asked Moss about the possibility of returning to the Vikings for the 2011 season. Instead, the occasionally controversial wide receiver said he would actually prefer to return to New England, where he played for three-plus years.
‘I would entertain coming back to Minnesota, but if you ask me where my heart is, I think just the success as a wide receiver and everything that the New England Patriots stand for ‘¦ I’m a big fan of Bill Belichick. I really am,’ said Moss, who was acquired by the Patriots prior to the 2007 season.
‘And not just on the field. I’m a fan of his off the field, because the little grouchy man you see on camera is not what you see off camera. I’ve grown and I’ve started to respect the game, first and foremost. But if you’re asking me where my heart is and I’m happiest, I love playing with Tom Brady, I love being coached by Bill Belichick.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...