Ex-Patriots offensive lineman Joe Andruzzi will host charity tournament in Norton later this month
|05.15.11 at 1:02 pm ET|
In his five seasons with the Patriots, offensive lineman Joe Andruzzi was accorded as one of the toughest guys in the locker room. The right guard had a legendarily high pain threshold — he started 72 games for New England from 2000 through 2004, and was part of all three Super Bowl champions.
After his playing days ended, Andruzzi settled in New England and threw himself into charity work. He’s the driving force behind the Joe Andruzzi Foundation, which he started to help those who are fighting cancer. (Andruzzi has survived a bout with non-Hodgkins Burkitt’s lymphoma.)
This year, the foundation is putting on his third annual golf tournament, scheduled for Monday, May 23 at the TPC Boston in Norton. Scheduled to attend are current Patriots Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Sebastian Vollmer, Rob Ninkovich, Tully Banta-Cain and Jermaine Cunningham, as well as former Patriots Matt Chatham, Christian Fauria, Pete Brock and Jermaine Wiggins.
For more information on the event — and find out how you can help — check out Andruzzi’s web site here.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...
- New England Patriots Links 6/17/13 - Leon Washington Hopes to Contribute...
- New England Patriots Links 6/14/13 - WRs: It's Amendola, Everyone Else