Court rules that NFL lockout will remain in place
|05.16.11 at 6:55 pm ET|
The owners won a major battle in the continuing lockout war on Monday, as the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decided that the lockout should remain in place until a full appeal is heard. The judges ruled 2-1 that the stay should remain, saying the NFL has proven it will “likely will suffer some degree of irreparable harm without a stay.” The next major milestone is likely to come June 3, when a hearing will be held to decide the legality of the lockout. The lockout, which is now approaching its 10th week, is the longest work stoppage in NFL history.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?