Bill Belichick talks about his relationship with Johns Hopkins lacrosse coach Dave Pietramala
|05.18.11 at 9:01 am ET|
No one questions the lacrosse bonafides of Patriots coach Bill Belchick ‘ he’s been an aficionado since he was a child growing up in Maryland. But a new story reveals how closely Belichick continues to follow the game. The Baltimore-based site “Press Box Online” has a story detailing the relationship between Belichick and Johns Hopkins lacrosse coach Dave Pietramala. In it, Pietramala and Belichick talks about several aspects of their friendship, including the first time they talked:
“The first time I ever spoke with him, we spoke on the phone, and our conversation lasted almost an hour,” Pietramala said. “All I wanted to do was talk to him about his world, about the NFL, and about the draft, the season and preparations ‘ how they do things. Interestingly enough for me, all he wanted to hear about was what we were doing ‘ and lacrosse, our season, the challenges we were facing, games we played. I got off the phone, and I could not have been more taken aback at what a regular guy he was.”
Belichick also discusses his relationship with the Johns Hopkins coach.
“We have a good appreciation for each other and what we’re going through,” Belichick said. “The ups and downs as a team — no matter what sport it’s in, you still go through the same things. We talk about a lot of those things.”
“He’s been great,” Belichick said of Pietramala. “I really have a lot of respect for what he does. Just being down there during the games with him, and in the locker room ‘¦ watching the way he handles and prepares a team, I’ve learned a lot from that. He enjoys the practices, the film sessions, the meetings just as much as the game itself. That’s why he does such a great job with his team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text