Bill Belichick talks about his relationship with Johns Hopkins lacrosse coach Dave Pietramala
|05.18.11 at 9:01 am ET|
No one questions the lacrosse bonafides of Patriots coach Bill Belchick ‘ he’s been an aficionado since he was a child growing up in Maryland. But a new story reveals how closely Belichick continues to follow the game. The Baltimore-based site “Press Box Online” has a story detailing the relationship between Belichick and Johns Hopkins lacrosse coach Dave Pietramala. In it, Pietramala and Belichick talks about several aspects of their friendship, including the first time they talked:
“The first time I ever spoke with him, we spoke on the phone, and our conversation lasted almost an hour,” Pietramala said. “All I wanted to do was talk to him about his world, about the NFL, and about the draft, the season and preparations ‘ how they do things. Interestingly enough for me, all he wanted to hear about was what we were doing ‘ and lacrosse, our season, the challenges we were facing, games we played. I got off the phone, and I could not have been more taken aback at what a regular guy he was.”
Belichick also discusses his relationship with the Johns Hopkins coach.
“We have a good appreciation for each other and what we’re going through,” Belichick said. “The ups and downs as a team — no matter what sport it’s in, you still go through the same things. We talk about a lot of those things.”
“He’s been great,” Belichick said of Pietramala. “I really have a lot of respect for what he does. Just being down there during the games with him, and in the locker room ‘¦ watching the way he handles and prepares a team, I’ve learned a lot from that. He enjoys the practices, the film sessions, the meetings just as much as the game itself. That’s why he does such a great job with his team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself