|Gary Guyton on Jerod Mayo making the NFL Network’s Top 100 list: ‘He’s the No. 1 player in my eyes’||05.18.11 at 1:04 pm ET|
According to Peter King of SI.com, Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo will check in at No. 62 in this week’s edition of NFL Network’s countdown of the Top 100 players currently in the NFL. Mayo is the first New England player on the list, which was compiled through player-only votes.
The honor is hardly a surprise — Mayo is considered one of the best young linebackers in the league. As a first-round pick in 2008, he was the Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year, and this past season, he led the NFL with 193 tackles, the most for a Patriot since Steve Nelson finished with 207 in 1984.
Mayo’s pal Gary Guyton was happy to hear his teammate made the list.
“The only thing I know is that Jerod’s a great player. To me, he’s the No. 1 player in my eyes,” Guyton said of Mayo. “He does great things. He’s a student of the game. I wish and I pray nothing but the best for him. He’s a good player and a good guy and a good person.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love