Back home in West Virginia, Randy Moss appeals to young inmates to try to turn their lives around
|05.19.11 at 8:53 pm ET|
During an offseason where we’ve been starved for non-lockout football talk, Randy Moss has helped fill the void. First, he gave an eventful interview with KFAN in Minnesota where he confessed his heart was still in New England with Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Then, he rather randomly showed up in a picture in some guy’s Twitter feed while making a purchase at a GameStop.
And on Wednesday, the former Patriots wide receiver showed up at the West Virginia Industrial Home for Youth. Telling the inmates that he could identify with them ‘ he’s had some run-ins with the law, especially as a youngster ‘ Moss told them about some of his own “bumps in the road” and how he’s moved past them.
“Everybody is entitled to a mistake or two or three,” Moss said, via the Charleston Daily Mail. “I don’t want them to think my road was easy. I’ve had some bumps in the road. I’ve been there. I’ve been where they are. I’ve worn those orange jumpsuits.”
Here’s some video of Moss and his appearance:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...