Back home in West Virginia, Randy Moss appeals to young inmates to try to turn their lives around
|05.19.11 at 8:53 pm ET|
During an offseason where we’ve been starved for non-lockout football talk, Randy Moss has helped fill the void. First, he gave an eventful interview with KFAN in Minnesota where he confessed his heart was still in New England with Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Then, he rather randomly showed up in a picture in some guy’s Twitter feed while making a purchase at a GameStop.
And on Wednesday, the former Patriots wide receiver showed up at the West Virginia Industrial Home for Youth. Telling the inmates that he could identify with them ‘ he’s had some run-ins with the law, especially as a youngster ‘ Moss told them about some of his own “bumps in the road” and how he’s moved past them.
“Everybody is entitled to a mistake or two or three,” Moss said, via the Charleston Daily Mail. “I don’t want them to think my road was easy. I’ve had some bumps in the road. I’ve been there. I’ve been where they are. I’ve worn those orange jumpsuits.”
Here’s some video of Moss and his appearance:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick