Back home in West Virginia, Randy Moss appeals to young inmates to try to turn their lives around
|05.19.11 at 8:53 pm ET|
During an offseason where we’ve been starved for non-lockout football talk, Randy Moss has helped fill the void. First, he gave an eventful interview with KFAN in Minnesota where he confessed his heart was still in New England with Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Then, he rather randomly showed up in a picture in some guy’s Twitter feed while making a purchase at a GameStop.
And on Wednesday, the former Patriots wide receiver showed up at the West Virginia Industrial Home for Youth. Telling the inmates that he could identify with them ‘ he’s had some run-ins with the law, especially as a youngster ‘ Moss told them about some of his own “bumps in the road” and how he’s moved past them.
“Everybody is entitled to a mistake or two or three,” Moss said, via the Charleston Daily Mail. “I don’t want them to think my road was easy. I’ve had some bumps in the road. I’ve been there. I’ve been where they are. I’ve worn those orange jumpsuits.”
Here’s some video of Moss and his appearance:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...