Trio of Patriots rookies headed West for the Topps Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles
|05.20.11 at 2:31 pm ET|
So what is the Rookie Premiere? Held every year in Los Angeles, it’s for rookies to get their pictures taken for the first time in their new uniforms, which will then be slapped on a football card. (For what it’s worth, Patriots first-round pick Nate Solder was one of only a few first-rounders not to get an invite ‘ check the full list here.)
Because of the lockout, there was some question as to whether or not the rookies would be able to wear their professional uniforms. That was apparently resolved this week ‘ players will apparently wear their pro uniforms, but with their college numbers. (Rookies have not been issued their new numbers yet.) For the Patriots contingent, that means Mallett will be shot in his No. 15, while Vereen and Ridley will both be in No. 34 (in New England, the number most recently worn by veteran running back Sammy Morris).
To see more from the event, Ridley has posted a few pictures from the event to his Facebook page. Check him out here and here. (Ridley has also taken the time to bond with Vereen ‘ check out their picture here.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples
- Even with Empty Tank, Wayne Fits with Pats