Trio of Patriots rookies headed West for the Topps Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles
|05.20.11 at 2:31 pm ET|
So what is the Rookie Premiere? Held every year in Los Angeles, it’s for rookies to get their pictures taken for the first time in their new uniforms, which will then be slapped on a football card. (For what it’s worth, Patriots first-round pick Nate Solder was one of only a few first-rounders not to get an invite ‘ check the full list here.)
Because of the lockout, there was some question as to whether or not the rookies would be able to wear their professional uniforms. That was apparently resolved this week ‘ players will apparently wear their pro uniforms, but with their college numbers. (Rookies have not been issued their new numbers yet.) For the Patriots contingent, that means Mallett will be shot in his No. 15, while Vereen and Ridley will both be in No. 34 (in New England, the number most recently worn by veteran running back Sammy Morris).
To see more from the event, Ridley has posted a few pictures from the event to his Facebook page. Check him out here and here. (Ridley has also taken the time to bond with Vereen ‘ check out their picture here.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...