Former Patriots defensive back Willie Andrews arrested on drug charge
|05.21.11 at 12:12 am ET|
Former Patriots safety Willie Andrews was arrested in Texas this past week after a lengthy drug-trafficking investigation, according to the Longview (Tex.) News-Journal. Andrews, a seventh-round pick of the Patriots in 2006 who was cut in 2008 after run-ins with the law, was reportedly one of 13 people arrested and charged with, at a minimum, conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute hydrocodone and possession of a firearm during a drug trafficking crime.
Two days after Super Bowl XLII, Andrew was arrested in Lowell after police found him with a half-pound of marijuana. Five months later, Andrew was arrested again after after allegedly brandishing a gun at his live-in girlfriend during an early-morning argument. One day later, he was released by the Patriots. Since then, he has also signed with Florida and Omaha of the United Football League.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England