|Former Patriots defensive back Willie Andrews arrested on drug charge||05.21.11 at 12:12 am ET|
Former Patriots safety Willie Andrews was arrested in Texas this past week after a lengthy drug-trafficking investigation, according to the Longview (Tex.) News-Journal. Andrews, a seventh-round pick of the Patriots in 2006 who was cut in 2008 after run-ins with the law, was reportedly one of 13 people arrested and charged with, at a minimum, conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute hydrocodone and possession of a firearm during a drug trafficking crime.
Two days after Super Bowl XLII, Andrew was arrested in Lowell after police found him with a half-pound of marijuana. Five months later, Andrew was arrested again after after allegedly brandishing a gun at his live-in girlfriend during an early-morning argument. One day later, he was released by the Patriots. Since then, he has also signed with Florida and Omaha of the United Football League.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love