Wes Welker: ‘World of difference’ between this offseason and last offseason
|05.21.11 at 12:25 pm ET|
PEABODY ‘ Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker, speaking during a break at his football camp Saturday morning, said there’s been a “world of difference” when it comes to training this offseason when compared to last offseason, when he was working his way back from a brutal knee injury.
“It’s been great. I’ve actually been able to train instead of rehabbing,” he said. “It’s been a world of difference. I’ve actually been able to bench press for the first time. I’ve been able to squat because of my shoulder ‘ I can reach back there to grab the bar. Some of those things are kind of key when it comes to football. I’m definitely excited about that and that’s encouraging to see. Hopefully, I’ll be able to use some of those skills I’m working on now during the season.
“I feel so much better. It’s been great, really. Being able to train … I have confidence and everything. I feel good out there. The running, there’s no achiness. There’s none of that. It’s just being able to go out there and being able to do everything I’ve been able to do in the past and not have the aches and pains in the morning or anytime through it all. It’s been nice to see.”
Welker said he spoke with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady on Friday, and said he and the quarterback are trying to coordinate their schedules to get some work in this offseason.
“We’re always trying to coordinate a schedule,” Welker said. “He’s really busy ‘ I’m really busy. It’s kind of tough just not being able to go up to the Patriots’ facility and really get together and do something, but we’re working on our schedules to get together and make sure we do something.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...