Wes Welker: ‘World of difference’ between this offseason and last offseason
|05.21.11 at 12:25 pm ET|
PEABODY ‘ Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker, speaking during a break at his football camp Saturday morning, said there’s been a “world of difference” when it comes to training this offseason when compared to last offseason, when he was working his way back from a brutal knee injury.
“It’s been great. I’ve actually been able to train instead of rehabbing,” he said. “It’s been a world of difference. I’ve actually been able to bench press for the first time. I’ve been able to squat because of my shoulder ‘ I can reach back there to grab the bar. Some of those things are kind of key when it comes to football. I’m definitely excited about that and that’s encouraging to see. Hopefully, I’ll be able to use some of those skills I’m working on now during the season.
“I feel so much better. It’s been great, really. Being able to train … I have confidence and everything. I feel good out there. The running, there’s no achiness. There’s none of that. It’s just being able to go out there and being able to do everything I’ve been able to do in the past and not have the aches and pains in the morning or anytime through it all. It’s been nice to see.”
Welker said he spoke with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady on Friday, and said he and the quarterback are trying to coordinate their schedules to get some work in this offseason.
“We’re always trying to coordinate a schedule,” Welker said. “He’s really busy ‘ I’m really busy. It’s kind of tough just not being able to go up to the Patriots’ facility and really get together and do something, but we’re working on our schedules to get together and make sure we do something.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England