Wes Welker: ‘World of difference’ between this offseason and last offseason
|05.21.11 at 12:25 pm ET|
PEABODY ‘ Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker, speaking during a break at his football camp Saturday morning, said there’s been a “world of difference” when it comes to training this offseason when compared to last offseason, when he was working his way back from a brutal knee injury.
“It’s been great. I’ve actually been able to train instead of rehabbing,” he said. “It’s been a world of difference. I’ve actually been able to bench press for the first time. I’ve been able to squat because of my shoulder ‘ I can reach back there to grab the bar. Some of those things are kind of key when it comes to football. I’m definitely excited about that and that’s encouraging to see. Hopefully, I’ll be able to use some of those skills I’m working on now during the season.
“I feel so much better. It’s been great, really. Being able to train … I have confidence and everything. I feel good out there. The running, there’s no achiness. There’s none of that. It’s just being able to go out there and being able to do everything I’ve been able to do in the past and not have the aches and pains in the morning or anytime through it all. It’s been nice to see.”
Welker said he spoke with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady on Friday, and said he and the quarterback are trying to coordinate their schedules to get some work in this offseason.
“We’re always trying to coordinate a schedule,” Welker said. “He’s really busy ‘ I’m really busy. It’s kind of tough just not being able to go up to the Patriots’ facility and really get together and do something, but we’re working on our schedules to get together and make sure we do something.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...
- Julian Edelman Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Foot and Return