Vince Wilfork weighs in with comments on 18-game season
|05.27.11 at 4:51 pm ET|
Other than an occasional comment here or there, the Patriots have been fairly quiet as of late when it’s come to labor issues. But veteran defensive lineman Vince Wilfork (known on Twitter as @Wilfork75) delivered a few specific tweets at commissioner Roger Goodell, who said earlier this month that he believes season-ticket holders want an 18-game regular-season.
“Sure fans and tix holders would like to have 16 since right now we have non[e]!! … Just stating the obvious right now. No one know[s] the fate of what we’ve always had in place let alone worrying about expanding.
“Don’t get me wrong. I understand the not wanting to pay full price for pre season. not disputing that. just don’t know if 18 [games] is the solution. … Don’t worry guys I am sure it will all work itself out . . . I just wanna play football come Aug or Sept.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class