NFLPA says they will host a version of the rookie symposium in late June
|05.31.11 at 4:33 pm ET|
A week after it was announced that the league was going to pull the plug on the rookie symposium, it was revealed Tuesday that the NFLPA is going to host their own version of the event. According to Albert Breer of NFL Network, the event will take place June 28-29 in Washington, D.C.
NFLPA spokesman George Atallah told SI.com that the symposium will be open to every player who was drafted this year, and will focus on financial planning, dealing with the media and other issues that have traditionally been a part of the rookie symposium.
This is good news for this year’s rookie class ‘ we have written before that this group of rookies is already behind the eight-ball, as the entire spring schedule of workouts, OTA’s and other transitional events has been wiped off the calendar because or the lockout. On a local note, it will be interesting to see if the Patriots maintain the same level of participation as they have in the past ‘ New England has always been a big supporter of the rookie symposium, whether it’s been in a support or an administrative level.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England