NFLPA says they will host a version of the rookie symposium in late June
|05.31.11 at 4:33 pm ET|
A week after it was announced that the league was going to pull the plug on the rookie symposium, it was revealed Tuesday that the NFLPA is going to host their own version of the event. According to Albert Breer of NFL Network, the event will take place June 28-29 in Washington, D.C.
NFLPA spokesman George Atallah told SI.com that the symposium will be open to every player who was drafted this year, and will focus on financial planning, dealing with the media and other issues that have traditionally been a part of the rookie symposium.
This is good news for this year’s rookie class ‘ we have written before that this group of rookies is already behind the eight-ball, as the entire spring schedule of workouts, OTA’s and other transitional events has been wiped off the calendar because or the lockout. On a local note, it will be interesting to see if the Patriots maintain the same level of participation as they have in the past ‘ New England has always been a big supporter of the rookie symposium, whether it’s been in a support or an administrative level.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...