Report: Tom Brady will lead Patriots through players-only workouts this week
|06.01.11 at 12:41 am ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has made his way back to New England for the Best Buddies Challenge this weekend, but while he’s in the area, he’ll also lead a series of local players-only workouts starting Wednesday, according to ESPN Boston.
The Patriots have been having local workouts involving just over a dozen players for the last few weeks, but this marks the first time that Brady has been in the mix. The quarterback has spent the majority of his offseason thus far in California as he continues to rehab after foot surgery he underwent in January, but figured to take advantage of his return to the area for his charity event to get some work in with his teammates.
During the lockout, coordinating schedules for players across the country is not an easy thing, as many players are working out on their own at different facilities. Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker talked about trying to get everyone on the same page for a workout with the quarterback late last month.
‘We talk quite a bit and stay in touch and kind of see how each other is doing and what we’re working on and new things we like or don’t like or whatever,’ Welker said of Brady on May 21.
‘We’re always trying to coordinate a schedule. He’s really busy, I’m really busy. It’s kind of tough just not being able to go up to the Patriots’ facility and really get together and do something, but we’re working on our schedules to get together and [we’ll] make sure we do something.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...