Report: Tom Brady will lead Patriots through players-only workouts this week
|06.01.11 at 12:41 am ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has made his way back to New England for the Best Buddies Challenge this weekend, but while he’s in the area, he’ll also lead a series of local players-only workouts starting Wednesday, according to ESPN Boston.
The Patriots have been having local workouts involving just over a dozen players for the last few weeks, but this marks the first time that Brady has been in the mix. The quarterback has spent the majority of his offseason thus far in California as he continues to rehab after foot surgery he underwent in January, but figured to take advantage of his return to the area for his charity event to get some work in with his teammates.
During the lockout, coordinating schedules for players across the country is not an easy thing, as many players are working out on their own at different facilities. Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker talked about trying to get everyone on the same page for a workout with the quarterback late last month.
‘We talk quite a bit and stay in touch and kind of see how each other is doing and what we’re working on and new things we like or don’t like or whatever,’ Welker said of Brady on May 21.
‘We’re always trying to coordinate a schedule. He’s really busy, I’m really busy. It’s kind of tough just not being able to go up to the Patriots’ facility and really get together and do something, but we’re working on our schedules to get together and [we’ll] make sure we do something.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Montee Ball Released by Patriots: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason