Robert Kraft reportedly part of meeting with NFL power brokers in Illinois
|06.01.11 at 9:21 pm ET|
One week after the NFL owners held their annual spring meeting, Patriots owner Robert Kraft was one of a handful of powerful NFL owners who reportedly gathered for a clandestine meeting in Chicago on Wednesday, according to the Chicago Tribune. (Click here for the entire story, as well as a picture of Kraft hopping onto his jet on his way out of Illinois.)
It was a get-together that was believed to include NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Dallas owner Jerry Jones and Carolina owner Jerry Richardson. The purpose of the meeting is not known, but with the hearings on the NFL’s appeal of the players’ antitrust being held on Friday in St. Louis, chances are good it was a labor-related matter. As the Tribune noted, it’s interesting that a group of key NFL power brokers chose a small airport they almost got in and out of without being spotted for a meeting in the suburbs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England