Devin McCourty named seventh-best cornerback in the league by USA Today
|06.06.11 at 2:19 pm ET|
USA Today has started a series where they rank the NFL’s best players, position-by-position. Monday, they looked at the cornerbacks, and New England’s Devin McCourty was ranked seventh overall. McCourty, who was a Pro Bowler as a rookie, and finished with seven interceptions, is ranked behind the following players: Darrelle Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha, Charles Woodson, Asante Samuel, Champ Bailey and Tramon Williams.
McCourty got some more love on Sunday night: After Bailey was named the 48th best player in the league in the NFL Network’s “Top 100″ series, the Denver corner called in as a guest to the reaction show, and was asked about some of the “up-and-comers” at cornerback who might be on a Top 100 list in the coming years.
“I’ll tell you what, a guy that I really like, and I watched in the later part of the year was Devin McCourty,” Bailey said. “He’s tough, challenging, and to get to meet him at the Pro Bowl this past year, I like the feel of him. I think he’s going to be a great corner. He’s playing in a great defense, a great system, so I expect to see big things from him.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself