The Connolly brothers get cooking, while Rob Gronkowski goes home for some golf
|06.07.11 at 9:06 am ET|
A couple of nice hometown stories today on the Patriots:
First, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a look at the Memorial Day backyard BBQ put together by Patriots offensive lineman Dan Connolly and his brothers. While the story discusses Connolly — and his place in history after delivering a 71-yard kickoff return against the Packers last season — the focus is more on Connolly’s brother Patrick, an elite chef who has worked at Boston’s Radius Restaurant in the past, and now works at Bobo in Manhattan. A fun read.
Second, the Buffalo News interviews tight end Rob Gronkowski, who was back in his old neighborhood Monday for the 25th annual Jim Kelly Celebrity Golf Tournament. Gronkowski talked about the lockout and its effect on the players, and he also addressed what the team was able to get out of the three players-only workouts held last week at Boston College.
“We got those three days last week and that was huge,” said Gronkowski, who turned 22 in May. “Everyone got their minds refreshed. Everyone was looking sharp out there. No one was really looking out of shape. It’s huge to get together as a team whatever chance you have.”
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?