Vince Wilfork talks about being No. 35 on the NFL Network’s ‘Top 100′
|06.13.11 at 9:57 am ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork sat down with the NFL Network on Sunday night, hours after he was named the 35th best player in the league as part of their “Top 100″ series (click here for the video).
‘It’s just an honor to be in the top 100, especially with what I do, at nose tackle,” Wilfork said. “I think a lot of people see me move around a lot, and a lot of media [say] ‘nose tackle, nose tackle’ and I correct them. I’m a defensive lineman.”
Wilfork, who was ranked as the second-best defensive lineman in the game, then spilled the beans on who is the top-ranked d-lineman: Haloti Ngata of Baltimore.
“I’m just honored to be up there. I’m pretty sure I know who is the No. 1 defensive tackle, and he needs to be No. 1,” Wilfork said, “because I watch a lot of film on Ngata, and you know what? He’s a helluva player and I love the way they play him. And you know what? He’s a good friend. It’s just an honor to be up there.”
Wilfork was asked how the current crop of NFL stars compare to those of previous eras.
‘They’re all great players,’ Wilfork responded. ‘Those are the guys who laid the foundation for all of us. I’m pretty sure that any defensive player that watches the game and wants to be great, they try to find footage of those guys. You’re talking about greatness. I have Jerome Brown and Reggie White pass-rushing tape right now.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?