NFL and NFLPA issue joint statement after two days of talks aimed at ending the lockout
|06.15.11 at 4:51 pm ET|
After two days of talks in Maryland, the NFL and the players issued the following joint statement regarding the state of labor negotiations.
“Discussions between NFL owners and players under the auspices of Chief Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan took place again this week and will continue. At the request of Judge Boylan, both sides have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of the substance of the talks.”
In attendance on the league side this week was Patriots owner Robert Kraft, as well as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. In addition, owners Jerry Richardson, Clark Hunt, Dean Spanos and John Mara were also present. Representing the players were NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith and NFLPA president Kevin Mawae, as well as Domonique Foxworth, Tony Richardson, Jeff Saturday and Brian Waters.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England