NFL and NFLPA issue joint statement after two days of talks aimed at ending the lockout
|06.15.11 at 4:51 pm ET|
After two days of talks in Maryland, the NFL and the players issued the following joint statement regarding the state of labor negotiations.
“Discussions between NFL owners and players under the auspices of Chief Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan took place again this week and will continue. At the request of Judge Boylan, both sides have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of the substance of the talks.”
In attendance on the league side this week was Patriots owner Robert Kraft, as well as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. In addition, owners Jerry Richardson, Clark Hunt, Dean Spanos and John Mara were also present. Representing the players were NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith and NFLPA president Kevin Mawae, as well as Domonique Foxworth, Tony Richardson, Jeff Saturday and Brian Waters.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats
- Gronk Reveals the Secret to Tinder Success