Patrick Chung discusses workouts, versatility and his offseason
|06.16.11 at 11:22 pm ET|
Patriots safety Patrick Chung isn’t a chatty guy.
One of the only members of New England’s secondary who isn’t on Twitter, the Oregon product usually shuns the spotlight, and has laid low since the start of the offseason. But he did take some time to speak with Kevin Fishbain of Pro Football Weekly recently, and he touched on a number of topics, including how things went at the players-only workouts at Boston College earlier this month, his versatility at the safety position and how he’s moved on from the botched punt call in the playoff loss to the Jets.
On the workouts at Boston College and what was gained: “You’ve got to be on time. Receivers have to be on time with quarterbacks. DBs have to be on time with the communicating. It was also good to get the rookies out there to get them a jump on the playbook.”
On his versatility: “The more things you can do, the more opportunities you get. You get to blitz, cover, be in the box or in the deep middle ‘ all different types of things. It’s good to do as many things as possible, it shows value. … I’m one of those guys that tries to be great at everything, and you have got to keep working to be great. Mentally with the playbook and physically ‘ speed, quickness, strength and endurance. Anything you can think of, I’m working on that now.”
The botched punt call against the Jets: “Blocked it out. Move on. The last time I talked about it is right now. I’m over that and I’m getting ready for next season.”
To check out the entire interview, click here.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions