The latest edition of ‘Where In The World Is Wes Welker?’ reveals the wide receiver to be….
|06.17.11 at 7:09 pm ET|
We’ve done a pretty good job tracking Wes Welker over the course of the offseason. First, he was talking about how much he loved the lockout … which was later revealed to be a bit of a joke. Then, he was at his football camp in Massachusetts, followed by an appearance at Bommaritos Performance System in South Florida and then, at the players-only workouts at Boston College.
The latest entry in “Where In The World Is Wes Welker?” comes from across the Atlantic, where the wide receiver was spotted at the Royal Ascot, a series of horse races in Great Britain. Click here for the complete story, including an … interesting … first exchange between Welker and the unsuspecting reporter.
Welker, who was a part-owner of one of the competing horses, was excited about the opportunity to be a part of such a prestigious competition.
“I’m very nervous right now,” he said. “We had an opportunity to come here to Royal Ascot and I thought, I can’t miss this.”
“I enjoy it deeply. I’ve always kind of enjoyed it, the competition of it all,” added Welker. “I got in touch with some friends that have friends in the business. Now I’m a minority owner that’s having a fun time with it. I’m here until Sunday and then I get back home to start training again.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty