Report: Tom Brady’s mentor Tom Martinez feeling better
|06.26.11 at 12:18 pm ET|
Good news from the West Coast, where Tom Brady‘s mentor Tom Martinez ‘ who was given a dire prognosis just a short time ago ‘ now appears to be feeling considerably better. In Sunday’s San Francisco Chronicle, Martinez tells writer Vittorio Tafur that he’s ‘feeling better’ after helping finish up his 33rd annual quarterback camp.
‘I’m optimistic after being almost completely certain that I was going to die,’ Martinez said.
Martinez, who has struggled with complications due to diabetes in recent years, has moved from Stanford to UCLA to continue his treatment. They have adjusted his pacemaker and found a kidney donor with the proper blood type.
‘Incredible, isn’t it?’ Martinez said. ‘After my camp ends, I will go back down to UCLA for some internal tests, to see if I can handle surgery.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England