Report: Tom Brady’s mentor Tom Martinez feeling better
|06.26.11 at 12:18 pm ET|
Good news from the West Coast, where Tom Brady‘s mentor Tom Martinez ‘ who was given a dire prognosis just a short time ago ‘ now appears to be feeling considerably better. In Sunday’s San Francisco Chronicle, Martinez tells writer Vittorio Tafur that he’s ‘feeling better’ after helping finish up his 33rd annual quarterback camp.
‘I’m optimistic after being almost completely certain that I was going to die,’ Martinez said.
Martinez, who has struggled with complications due to diabetes in recent years, has moved from Stanford to UCLA to continue his treatment. They have adjusted his pacemaker and found a kidney donor with the proper blood type.
‘Incredible, isn’t it?’ Martinez said. ‘After my camp ends, I will go back down to UCLA for some internal tests, to see if I can handle surgery.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...