Report: Tom Brady’s mentor Tom Martinez feeling better
|06.26.11 at 12:18 pm ET|
Good news from the West Coast, where Tom Brady‘s mentor Tom Martinez ‘ who was given a dire prognosis just a short time ago ‘ now appears to be feeling considerably better. In Sunday’s San Francisco Chronicle, Martinez tells writer Vittorio Tafur that he’s ‘feeling better’ after helping finish up his 33rd annual quarterback camp.
‘I’m optimistic after being almost completely certain that I was going to die,’ Martinez said.
Martinez, who has struggled with complications due to diabetes in recent years, has moved from Stanford to UCLA to continue his treatment. They have adjusted his pacemaker and found a kidney donor with the proper blood type.
‘Incredible, isn’t it?’ Martinez said. ‘After my camp ends, I will go back down to UCLA for some internal tests, to see if I can handle surgery.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself