Report: Tom Brady’s mentor Tom Martinez feeling better
|06.26.11 at 12:18 pm ET|
Good news from the West Coast, where Tom Brady‘s mentor Tom Martinez ‘ who was given a dire prognosis just a short time ago ‘ now appears to be feeling considerably better. In Sunday’s San Francisco Chronicle, Martinez tells writer Vittorio Tafur that he’s ‘feeling better’ after helping finish up his 33rd annual quarterback camp.
‘I’m optimistic after being almost completely certain that I was going to die,’ Martinez said.
Martinez, who has struggled with complications due to diabetes in recent years, has moved from Stanford to UCLA to continue his treatment. They have adjusted his pacemaker and found a kidney donor with the proper blood type.
‘Incredible, isn’t it?’ Martinez said. ‘After my camp ends, I will go back down to UCLA for some internal tests, to see if I can handle surgery.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL