Report: Tom Brady’s mentor Tom Martinez feeling better
|06.26.11 at 12:18 pm ET|
Good news from the West Coast, where Tom Brady‘s mentor Tom Martinez ‘ who was given a dire prognosis just a short time ago ‘ now appears to be feeling considerably better. In Sunday’s San Francisco Chronicle, Martinez tells writer Vittorio Tafur that he’s ‘feeling better’ after helping finish up his 33rd annual quarterback camp.
‘I’m optimistic after being almost completely certain that I was going to die,’ Martinez said.
Martinez, who has struggled with complications due to diabetes in recent years, has moved from Stanford to UCLA to continue his treatment. They have adjusted his pacemaker and found a kidney donor with the proper blood type.
‘Incredible, isn’t it?’ Martinez said. ‘After my camp ends, I will go back down to UCLA for some internal tests, to see if I can handle surgery.’
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...