Herm Edwards passionately breaks it down for NFL rookies at the symposium
|06.29.11 at 9:39 pm ET|
The NFL’s annual rookie symposium is being held this week in Florida ‘ by the looks of their Twitter feeds, several of the Patriots’ rookies are in attendance, including quarterback Ryan Mallett, offensive lineman Marcus Cannon and cornerback Ras-I Dowling. And while the big news was the fact that commissioner Roger Goodell and NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith conducted a joint session with the rookies, the apparent highlight of Wednesday’s session was when former coach and current ESPN analyst Herm Edwards addressed the rookies.
Edwards’ talk, which was broadcast live on ESPN, was a passionate speech about the transition from the college game to the pro game, and the struggles that come along with that. The video from the event was just posted online, and is worth a look:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples