Herm Edwards passionately breaks it down for NFL rookies at the symposium
|06.29.11 at 9:39 pm ET|
The NFL’s annual rookie symposium is being held this week in Florida ‘ by the looks of their Twitter feeds, several of the Patriots’ rookies are in attendance, including quarterback Ryan Mallett, offensive lineman Marcus Cannon and cornerback Ras-I Dowling. And while the big news was the fact that commissioner Roger Goodell and NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith conducted a joint session with the rookies, the apparent highlight of Wednesday’s session was when former coach and current ESPN analyst Herm Edwards addressed the rookies.
Edwards’ talk, which was broadcast live on ESPN, was a passionate speech about the transition from the college game to the pro game, and the struggles that come along with that. The video from the event was just posted online, and is worth a look:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...