Herm Edwards passionately breaks it down for NFL rookies at the symposium
|06.29.11 at 9:39 pm ET|
The NFL’s annual rookie symposium is being held this week in Florida ‘ by the looks of their Twitter feeds, several of the Patriots’ rookies are in attendance, including quarterback Ryan Mallett, offensive lineman Marcus Cannon and cornerback Ras-I Dowling. And while the big news was the fact that commissioner Roger Goodell and NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith conducted a joint session with the rookies, the apparent highlight of Wednesday’s session was when former coach and current ESPN analyst Herm Edwards addressed the rookies.
Edwards’ talk, which was broadcast live on ESPN, was a passionate speech about the transition from the college game to the pro game, and the struggles that come along with that. The video from the event was just posted online, and is worth a look:
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?