Herm Edwards passionately breaks it down for NFL rookies at the symposium
|06.29.11 at 9:39 pm ET|
The NFL’s annual rookie symposium is being held this week in Florida ‘ by the looks of their Twitter feeds, several of the Patriots’ rookies are in attendance, including quarterback Ryan Mallett, offensive lineman Marcus Cannon and cornerback Ras-I Dowling. And while the big news was the fact that commissioner Roger Goodell and NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith conducted a joint session with the rookies, the apparent highlight of Wednesday’s session was when former coach and current ESPN analyst Herm Edwards addressed the rookies.
Edwards’ talk, which was broadcast live on ESPN, was a passionate speech about the transition from the college game to the pro game, and the struggles that come along with that. The video from the event was just posted online, and is worth a look:
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty