Tom Brady: ‘It is time to get this deal done’
|07.13.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, along with fellow QBs Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, released a joint statement through the NFL Players Association Wednesday pushing for a conclusion to collective bargaining negotiations.
“We believe the overall proposal made by the players is fair for both sides and it is time to get this deal done,” the QBs said, adding: “This is the time of year we as players turn our attention to the game on the field. We hope the owners feel the same way.”
Meanwhile, Patriots owner Robert Kraft arrived in Manhattan Wednesday morning along with other owners for a negotiating session with Players Association head DeMaurice Smith.
To read more, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick