Tom Brady: ‘It is time to get this deal done’
|07.13.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, along with fellow QBs Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, released a joint statement through the NFL Players Association Wednesday pushing for a conclusion to collective bargaining negotiations.
“We believe the overall proposal made by the players is fair for both sides and it is time to get this deal done,” the QBs said, adding: “This is the time of year we as players turn our attention to the game on the field. We hope the owners feel the same way.”
Meanwhile, Patriots owner Robert Kraft arrived in Manhattan Wednesday morning along with other owners for a negotiating session with Players Association head DeMaurice Smith.
To read more, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied