Tom Brady: ‘It is time to get this deal done’
|07.13.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, along with fellow QBs Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, released a joint statement through the NFL Players Association Wednesday pushing for a conclusion to collective bargaining negotiations.
“We believe the overall proposal made by the players is fair for both sides and it is time to get this deal done,” the QBs said, adding: “This is the time of year we as players turn our attention to the game on the field. We hope the owners feel the same way.”
Meanwhile, Patriots owner Robert Kraft arrived in Manhattan Wednesday morning along with other owners for a negotiating session with Players Association head DeMaurice Smith.
To read more, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself